Commerical & Small Business Uses of Self Storage
Why Commercial Storage?
If you’re like most small business owners, you don’t have the square footage to spare in your workspace to store extra equipment, inventory, or supplies. A commercial business storage unit might be for you!
Keep Costs Down
Maybe you are a part of a startup company that is still in the process of finding the perfect location for your storefront. Often, it’s less expensive to lease a smaller retail space and pay for an offsite storage unit than it is to pay for a larger, permanent retail space particularly if the business is seasonal.
Are you expanding your business, tackling another region, or have you outgrown your current office space? Are you a high-profile company and you want to keep a new project under wraps? Need to store equipment and supplies during your off-season? Store with a commercial facility and keep your overhead costs low.
On-Site Trailers vs Commercial Self Storage Units
Construction and other professional industries commonly use mobile trailers as a means of commercial storage, transporting them to different job sites as needed. Take these factors into consideration when deciding to use a trailer or rent commercial storage space for your small business.
- A trailer rental is typically more expensive than a storage unit monthly rental.
- Delivery fees, you must pay additional fees, such as for delivery when you rent a trailer.
- Zoning laws may not allow the use of on-site trailers in all areas, or there may simply not be enough space at a job site.
- Climate control is an additional fee, plus the necessary power to run the units.
- Trailers are much more vulnerable to break-ins and theft and usually don’t have 24/7 video surveillance.
Commercial Storage Units
- Storage facilities offer full security with pass-code-access gates, RFID speed passes, and 24/7 video surveillance with LPR capabilities.
- On-site property managers can supervise security.
- The fee for fully climate-controlled storage space is included in the monthly rent.
- No delivery fees when changing job sites.
- Commercial storage unit monthly rental fees are less expensive than mobile trailers.
Our Services and Amenities:
Our friendly store manager can provide more details about any of our facility’s available services or amenities.
- Double Access Doors: Units have two roller doors ideal for easy access
- Deliveries Accepted: Have items sent right to our facility to save time and hassle.
- 24/7 Video Surveillance: Video cameras are placed throughout the facility.
- Property Wifi: Free customer wifi throughout our facility
- Insurance Plans Available: Breathe easier with affordable insurance options for your important business inventory.
- Pay Online or Prepay: Our facility accepts online payments and prepayment discounts to save you time and money.
- Flexible Monthly Leases: The convenience of our month-to-month leases give your business great flexibility for seasonal demands or expansion plans.
- Handcarts/Dollies Available: You'll find everything you need to get your belongings from your vehicle into your unit.
- On-site packing and storage supplies: including locks, tape, boxes, and shelving, are available at this location.
Industry-Specific Benefits of Commercial Storage
Commercial storage is a perfect solution for so many industries. Beyond construction industries, many retail businesses need affordable, secure storage space as well.
With construction, many subcontractors don’t have an office at all but still need space to store all of their equipment. As a general contractor, you may need to store lumber, sheetrock, and other supplies. Easy-access loading docks are perfect for moving large, heavy items in and out, as you need them. A self-storage unit is just what you need to keep vital supplies in a cost-effective manner that is also easily accessible, conveniently located, and securely locked up.
Landscapers have multiple tools and equipment which need to be stored carefully. They should be accessible at all times for quick loading and unloading when moving from job to job. A commercial storage unit enables you to remain mobile, taking only what you need for each specific job (as opposed to hauling all your tools with you everywhere).
Roofing & Siding (Exterior)
Professional roofers have many supplies that need to be organized: power tools, tiles, shingles, adhesives, etc. A commercial storage unit is ideal for the short or long-term storage of roofing tools and supplies.
Businesses that offer professional painting services can benefit from a space to store paint sprayers, and air compressors, and as an organizational space. However, it is important to be aware of items you can’t store in a storage unit.
Retail & eCommerce Sales
Retail businesses with brick-and-mortar storefronts and online-only sales alike need extra storage space. Display fixtures, additional inventory, and trade show booth supplies are large items that need to be carefully stored in a space where they can be protected from conditions that may cause damage.
Restaurants & Catering
Devoting as much square footage as possible to your dining lobby is important to maximize profits as a restaurant owner. Large appliances, tables and chairs for large banquet and event use, and special occasion decor.
Many catering businesses only have a commercial kitchen space they work out of to keep overhead costs down. Caterers need additional space to store all of their supplies and equipment such as baskets, table decor, linens, chafing dishes, china, and glassware. Loading docks at commercial storage facilities provide easy transport of speed racks and carts used by culinary professionals.
General Commerical Use
There are many general uses for commercial storage space that can benefit small businesses. Files with business and legal documents need to be saved, but they can take up a lot of space. A storage unit is protected from extreme temperatures and can be easily accessed if needed.
Storage units are available in many sizes. If you only need to store files of paperwork you may need mini storage space. Or, you may be in need of a sizable area for machinery and other large equipment.
Commercial storage is the perfect solution to lower your overhead costs. Think of your storage space as an extension of your small business.